Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Yellow

I used to think it was my favorite because my most favorite things were created from it.

Banana popsicles.
Mac and cheese.
Lemonade.
Gram's house.
My sorority colors.
Pineapple prints.
Flowers.

Then I noticed something.
It wasn't what was made from its hues, but what I myself strive to be.
This discovery didn't come easy or immediate.

At first, I hated it.

The glow of the morning will forever promise to be the most unavoidable intrusion of life. For a long time, I despised its presence. I used to hold a true hatred the daily abduction of darkness, forced to leave the presence of pillows and quilts. Never fully experiencing true definitions of the steady stream of morning light. To me, it was as simple as that. Light.

Then the day came that I actually truly noticed it. The morning light was yellow. Soft.  At first, through the small slit of opened morning eyes begging to remain closed. Then my view changed. I learned to open my eyes slowly to a new, promising, day. Blessed to be woken up yet again, able to grow and experience another beautiful day. The light, pouring in through opaque curtains, screaming its presence, is unavoidable. It doesn't ask for permission to enlighten others, it just does. It finds the deepest corners and swallows the darkness. It urges silently for you to experience its full potential. The full potential of the day.

I've had the ability to awaken in numerous places called home, and experience the soft glow of morning in more places than one. In some places it pulses through the curtains, whispering in a soft glow. In others, it streams through the screen in lines accompanied by the birds. And still in others, it pours directly in through windows near the ceiling as a waterfall does.  Completely beautiful, never stopping.

How lucky we would be to possess the talents the morning hours. To have the ability to shine without stopping. To let everyone of the face of the earth know that they are alive, hearts beating with purpose, to set out to accomplish dreams …daily.

Then I was enlightened.

We can. Secondly, we must. We must strive to be the morning glow. We have the ability daily to make others feel full of purpose. To set out with determination, and live a life of inspiration. Never stopping to ask permission. To let others know they are appreciated. And most importantly, to let them know they are loved; and daily we will FORCE them to get up, uncover their dreams and strive to do their best just as the sun does for us. We must push into their lives, as the morning light pushes into ours. To search out darkness, and to fill it with light.  Never changing, completely reliable, and always unavoidable.


We must strive to be yellow

No comments:

Post a Comment